- 14-Jul-2014 to 14-Aug-2014 (EST)
- Clearwater, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Association Office
Title: Development Generalist - Donor Data Manager
Location: Association Office
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Leader Level: Leader
Hiring Range: $11.28/hour
Reports to: Director of Grants and Development Operations
Located near the central gulf coast of Florida, the YMCA of the Suncoast is a strong YMCA engaged in many national YMCA initiatives. This is an Association serving more than 80,000 community members each year. The YMCA of the Suncoast is a $25 million organization, and raises over $1 million in the annual campaign, supporting eight branches in four counties and over 60 school age program sites. In addition to the Development Generalist, the Development Department consists of a Director of Grants and Development Operations, and an Annual Campaign Director supervised by the VP of Financial Development. All contributions are processed and acknowledged centrally.
This position is responsible for performing advanced and important data management with the donor database and supporting software systems. The work is often confidential in nature and requires high-level attention to detail. He/she will provide key administrative support to the Vice President of Financial Development, the Director of Development, and the Annual Campaign Director to support branch staff and volunteer efforts to achieve maximum income growth from contributions to the Y, and cultivation of relationships with donors and volunteers.
Core and Strategic Functions
High Quality Programs, Services and Facilities
- Process online donations from multiple sources
- Process data and gift imports using import tools and supporting software
- Conduct global imports and global changes to the data
- Perform data analysis by querying the database
- Identify data integrity issues and implements solutions/conducts scheduled database audits and performs cleanup, update and maintenance
- Generate and manipulate reports in Raiser's Edge, Excel, and other supporting software systems
- Maintain an organized, accurate, up-to-date and functional hard-copy and electronic filing system
- Utilize MS Office & other software to complete tasks within and outside of Raiser's Edge as needed
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Work with Annual Campaign Director and branch staff to accurately collect and record volunteer activity, including board information, campaigner activity, and committee involvement
- Assists other users in various capacities relating to the database, including but not limited to queries, reports and mailings
- Set up tracking systems, creates and coordinates the productions of reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Organize office systems to ensure that filing and storage areas are kept organized, stocked as needed, and clean
- Assists with on and off-site meetings to include travel arrangements, coordinate food and beverage, room setup and cleanup, and preparation of agenda copies and handout materials
- Assist during recognition/special events with a high-level of professionalism appropriate to the occasion
- Provide technology support for donor and gift tracking, acknowledgment and stewardship systems
- Communicate with software support resources and blackbaud user groups to ensure that protocols are established and up-to information is shared
- Process department mailings, generate reminders and acknowledgments
- Adds, maintains and updates donor information, gift records and giving history, from receipt of information/gift to acknowledgment and filing of documentation and communications, with an emphasis on maintaining high-quality, accurate data
- Documents all procedures related to department processes and maintains procedures manual for Raiser's Edge systems
- Provide technical assistance to staff and volunteers utilizing online donation and peer-to-peer fundraising software
- Interact professionally with other employees, members, program participants, volunteers, donors and other individuals within the community, always being mindful of maintaining donor confidentiality and the YMCA's core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other appropriate individuals
- Role-model SMART behavior
- Advance our work in Youth Development, Healthy Living, Volunteerism and Philanthropy
- Incorporate Living Our Cause into work products and behavior
(all position functions are essential to the position)
YMCA Competencies – Leader Level
- VALUES: Models and teaches the Y Values
- PHILANTHROPY: Supports Fundraising
- INNOVATION: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member (donor) experience.
- DECISION MAKING: Makes sound judgments and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- QUALITY RESULTS: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members (donors).
- FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Work Experience: A minimum of three years experience in an office/clerical field or equivalent is required. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, be detail oriented and committed to quality results.
Certificates/Licenses: Ability to meet YMCA driving criteria required.
Physical: May be required to lift and carry up to 30 pounds in the form of boxes of computer paper or similar. May be required to sit for extended periods of time while demonstrating manual dexterity in order to accurately work on computer and other equipment. Must be capable of working under pressure in a somewhat disruptive environment as well as organizing and planning efficiently.
Mental: Must be mentally alert and be able to process and follow directions. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, be capable of multi-tasking and working under pressure. Must handle confidential information with discretion. Must follow instructions, have excellent mental focus and attention to detail. Must work independently and as part of a team environment.
Skills: Strong attention to detail and accuracy.Must possess the skills to operate standard office and computer equipment. Must be able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute and be proficient in Microsoft Office products, databases (Unity and Raiser's Edge), and Web-based applications. Must possess effective communication, organizational, and human relations skills. Must perform quality work within given deadlines and expectations with or without direct supervision. Effective office and administrative skills required.
Deadline: July 28, 2014
To apply for this position, please click on the apply now button below
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!